Monday, 28 March 2011

Wephota Film

A long time ago I shot this film using my Voigtlander Avus camera with some degree of success. The film had to be "glued" in a piece of board with honey and then inserted in the dark slides to be exposed. This is because the film is smaller and obviously much thinner than the original plates in which the camera was designed to take.

This time I have come up with a better solution, I made some "envelopes" from cardboard  with a window. All I have to do is slide the film in this envelope and then insert the whole envelope inside the dark slides. 

The pictures came out well but with loads of spots and I had to spend quite some time cleaning in Photoshop. I believe the spots are either due to the air bubbles from the stand development or the anti-halation layer that wasn't properly washed away. It can also be specs from inside the dark slides, after all they're nearly 100 years old.

The last picture was processed in Rodinal 1:50 normal development, all other pictures were done using stand development, this time I used the 1:200 ratio/two hours stand development with agitation only for the first minute.

And after some cleaning with photoshop...

The details are quite good for such an old lens ...


Té la mà Maria - Reus said...

I am a person considered offensive to society, nineteenth century tell a thousand views, I visited your blog and I love, a hug from Reus Catalonia and many thanks for visiting my blog, you are a very brave person.

Ana Elisa Fuentes said...

I used a Diana
Say what do you think of