Thursday 19 August 2010

Magic Lantern / Petzval Lens

More results using the Magic Lantern lens, this time I decided using 4x5 negatives instead of roll film. I still haven't figured out a way of using this lens outdoors due to the fact that there's no shutter or F stops to control the amount of light.

I guess I could use waterhouse stops to do that but it could take the whole effect away, another option would be adding ND filters in combination with a very slow film. A friend at filmwasters also suggested me the Harman direct positive paper which is ISO 3 and I guess that could work...

For these indoor shots the exposure time were between 4 and 6 seconds. The film is Ilford Delta 100 ISO 4x5 and processed with Rodinal 1:100 dilution, one hour stand development.



 


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

hi, thanks for your comment on my blog. To answer your question, it isn't the original bauhaus, sadly. A huge store company selling tools and wood and plants and stuff you need to build things with, is called bauhaus because it translates 'building house'... I am sure they don't even make that connection. :-/

Take Care, Jenny

Maciek Lesniak said...

Cool shots.
Try this shutter http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/22200-jim-galli-shutter-barrel-lenses-drum-roll-please.html