Sunday 26 July 2009

More Hand - Coloured Photographs

Some other results with my hand-coloured experiment.

The picture below is my first mistake... the oil I use to moist the surface before applying the pencils soaked the picture and left quite a few marks, interestingly the spots were visible only on the day after. On top of that, I though I'd try fixing the colours with the polaroid "squedge" emulsion that comes with the 55 type film but the fixer not only vanished the colours away but also left more marks .







1 comment:

cameratakesphotos said...

Your hand colored photographs look fantastic! As soon as I can find the time I'd love to get into hand coloring vintage photos. I agree though - I just don't think I can bring myself to hand color my own family photos - except maybe in photoshop!